Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Questionable Leaves and Posts of the Week

Today's and tomorrow's posts have both been scheduled. I'll be away from the computer for a couple of days. I'll catch up with blog visits and comment replies when I'm back home.


scattered oak leaves

On the day I saw this smattering of oak leaves, I had a few questions tumbling about in my mind. Somehow, the leaves' position on the pavement vaguely reminded me of a question mark. Can you see it?

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a Post of the Week - either as top post or as a runner up.

This week's top post is a very touching read which will warm your heart. It goes to:

Two Coats
by Cricket
at Cricket and Porcupine




Other wonderful posts are categorized below (they may well fit into more than one category but I'm only selecting one for each):





105 Years Old Today
by Jim
at Suldog






The Second Rate Santa...
by Travis
at One Word, One Rung, One Day

Lime's Gift Guide for the Disturbed
by Lime
at House of Lime

Captain Jack Awakens
by Dianne
at Forks Off the Moment






JP and Picasso: A Sorry Tale
by Moannie
at A Pyramid of Piffle

The Exuberance of Youth
by Mami
at Unknown Mami






Parchment Crisp Petal
by Tabor
at Room Without Walls

Portovenere
by Indrani
at I Share

Night Photo
by Dawn
at Puzzle Pieces






This Day Began...
by Pauline
at Writing Down the Words

How Do You See, What Do You See?
by Steviewren
at A Little Birdie Told Me So






Remy Broussard's Christmas
by Kittie
at The Block
Recommended by Jane at Gaston Studio


Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

35 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

Hope you're off having fun, Hilary. This is a beautiful photo as always.
And thank you for the wonderful posts to read and bloggers to meet.
Cheers, jj

Zuzana said...

Love that image; I saw the question mark immediately, how curious.;)) Lovely.;))
Congratulations to everyone, looking forward to some good read.;))
Enjoy your days away from the computer dear friend,
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to everyone!

What a lovely photo - the leaves remind me of a winding path.

Brian Miller said...

as soon as i saw it...i saw the question mark...nice capture...and congrats to the POTW...

Suldog said...

Great choice for top post, Hilary. Cricket is an excellent writer, and I'm proud to have him as a friend. Thanks for choosing one of my posts as worthy of mention, too!

Dawn said...

That is a beautiful picture Hilary! Good eye to see what you see:)

Thanks for the award.
Wonderful posts you have mentioned here and can't wait to meet them.

Mage said...

Great stuff. I shall work my way through. :)

Out on the prairie said...

A god shot, and a a fun selection. My favorite was The Block.

Anvilcloud said...

I see the question mark once you mention it.

Bossy Betty said...

Thanks for the POTWs and the beautiful picture too!

Daryl said...

I thought you meant you wanted to question the leaves, and I know them, they may turn but they wont take the fall for anyone.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Definitely see the question mark. Lovely!

messymimi said...

The ? is striking -- so many questions, so little time to find all the answers.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm so honored to be featured! Thank you very much.

Cricket said...

I see the question mark quite clearly. Thanks for the award and congratulations to every one else, as well.

Hope you have a good time away.

steviewren said...

Thank you Hilary for featuring my post on seeing. I love that you saw that beautiful meandering sweep of leaves and recorded it so we could see what you saw too!

Rebecca said...

love your list of good things

Anonymous said...

yes, i see the question mark! off to check out your picks!

Maggie May said...

A brilliant question mark. Stands out loud and clear.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Wendy said...

Most definitely a question mark. Hmmm, I wonder if you should read tea leaves? It's all about patterns.

Karen said...

Yes, I saw the question mark immediately! Enjoy your time!

Anonymous said...

I can see the question mark for sure. I really enjoyed your posts of the week last week and now I look forward to read this weeks. Thanks.

Slamdunk said...

Congrats to your POTW awardees, and I hope you have a nice time away Hilary.

Lori said...

Great leaf photo! Another great list of posts...have made my rounds and enjoyed...thank you Hilary...hope you are having a nice time away. XX

Nick said...

A good collection, as always. But you may get court marshaled for abandoning your 'post'

Anonymous said...

I totally see that. Nature is always giving us messages! :)

lime said...

aww hilary, thanks for the mention under your good laughs category. glad i gave you a chuckle and seems a few others too. there are some very excellent posts and cricket's truly deserves top honors.

Nancy said...

Once again - thank you!!

Hilary said...

Thank you for stopping by, everyone. Your kind words are very much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed the posts. :)

Indrani said...

Late again...
but truly thankful to you for the mention.

Unknown said...

Been away myself of late and missed your POTW so am off to visit. Remy Broussard's Christmas is really special but I know the others are too!

Jane

Travis Erwin said...

I love your POTW lists. Even when I am not on the list because I always find some great new blogs to read. Thanks for the recognition.

CiCi said...

Hi Hilary, my computer is back from the repair shop and I am having a ball catching up with your blog. I wouldn't miss reading your weekly recommendations for anything. Hope you are doing well.

Maria said...

I'm so glad to see this list because I missed that post from Unknown Mami and I'm so glad I didn't.

I love your POTW because with paucity of time for blog visiting, it keeps me in touch with some of the great posts that I would have otherwise missed.

SandyCarlson said...

I do see the question mark. It is a graceful thing. Thanks for taking the time to share these posts.