Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Citrus Bowl and Posts of the Week

citrus

This bowl of Mandarin oranges and one lemon sits in my kitchen. The colours caught my eye one morning, and so I decided to share them with you. Enjoy the oranges but please save the lemon for tonight's fish dinner.

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a Post of the Week - either as top post or as a runner up.

This week's inspiring top post goes to:


Hope

by Wendy
at Changes With Seasons



Other wonderful posts are categorized below (they may well fit into more than one category but I'm only selecting one for each):





Remembering Emily
by DJan
at Djan-ity

The Walk Down Ornament Ally Ends
by Betty
at Bossy Betty






Humor
by Joanna
at The Fifty Factor






Christmas Eve at Home
by Friko
at Friko's Musings

& the Line Moves
by Brian
at Waystationone






Just Life and Light
by Daryl
at Through My Eyes

Holiday Magic
by Kat
at Seeking Sanity

Angels Today
by Tabor
at Room Without Walls






The Magic of Christmas
by Travel Nurse Extraordinaire
at Goin' to Cali

The Sound of Christmas
by DS
at Third-Storey Window






Scent
by Living in the Land of Nod
Recommended by: Joanna at The Fifty Factor



Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

33 comments:

steviewren said...

Nice choices this week.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for lots of good reading material! Enjoy the New Year.

christopher said...

Excellent POTW...will have to get back to read more often.

Love the fruit...if I had enough hair I could probably comb it in the reflection off the oranges.

Brian Miller said...

yay. thank you hilary for ending the year on a bright note for me...and i am in good company as well...smiles. have a wonderful new years!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

citrus = winter's big treat :)

DJan said...

Thank you dear Hilary, for helping others know who Emily was. Hugs to you and best wishes for a wonderful new year!

Anonymous said...

Your blue rimmed bowl adds just the right touch to compliment the yellows and oranges! BEAUTIFUL, Hilary! :)
Lord Thomas of Wellington

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

That is a bowl of edible sunshine. :)

Off to read your wonderful choices...

Anonymous said...

I love the photo, it's so brilliant! I'd probably add a squirt of orange to the fish too!
:)

CiCi said...

This has been a good week for me, I have had time to read posts and of your list this week I have read many of them. Thanks for the lovely picture of fruit. They are so shiny.

Mage said...

Simply juicy. Save a lemon slice for my tea too.

Bossy Betty said...

Thank you so much for including my post here! I am always, always honored.

Nick said...

All the best for the new year, Hilary, and thanks for all the visits...nick

Anvilcloud said...

Are-ange-ja glad you saw that photo op?

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Your photo is just beautiful. Rich color. I see you've picked up where David left off!! Bravo~I'm off to read!!! Have a glorious, Healthy, Happy New Year Hilary~ Carol xoxoxox

Kat said...

ME for Good Photography??????? WOOHOOOOO!!!! Coming from you that is the HIGHEST of compliments. Thank you so much. Now I feel I have to frame that pic. :)

Have a very Happy New Year!

Dawn said...

I so love that colorful shot!! It brightens up this white winter day here!!!
Thanks again for introducing us to more wonderful blogs.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and thanks for the list of wonderful posts!

Anonymous said...

What vibrant color! I could just stuff my nose right into that bowl of citrus :) My favorite is grapefruit! I am so honored to be a post of the week. Thank you!It's a busy week but I will definite be gettign around to the other posts. I always enjoy the posts of the week. Happy New Year's!!

Lori said...

What a great photo of something so simple as fruit. Only you Hilary could make something so pretty. I've already visited a few. Very good picks my friend. I haven't been online much over this past week but I surely enjoyed these. Thank you. Blessings to you and yours as 2011 ushers in. (((Hilary)))

s.m. said...

I wish you a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Hilary said...

Thanks for stopping by to read the Posts of the Week. You supportive comments are always so appreciated.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I don't know how you do it, but you find the greatest posts. Thanks for the all the reading!

Wishing you a very happy New Year Hilary,
xo jj

Fragrant Liar said...

Hey, happy new year! Lovely choices that I can't wait to check out!

Stay warm up there!

Jane said...

I'm speechless. Thank you so much for including my post, "Scent." I'm just plain shocked! Happy New Year! Jane

Unknown said...

I can't wait to read these, you never disappoint in your choices, Hilary.
I so appreciate that you take the time to do this. I wonder how many blogs I've found through your keen heart?

Hope the holiday season is embracing you in joy .

ds said...

Thank you so much, Hilary, for the honor (it is truly an honor to be included in this list); a lovely way to end the year, though it will take a while to recover from Wendy's "Hope." Wow.

Happy New Year!

greg urbano said...

being "the citrus lens" i just had to comment on the beautifull bowl of fruit!!

Bob Bushell said...

Happy New Year to you Hilary.

Zuzana said...

Love that image, the colours are so vivid indeed.;)
Congratulations to everyone.;))
xoxo

SandyCarlson said...

Beautiful photo! Thanks for highlighting these posts.

Moannie said...

A brilliant collection, Hilary. 'Hope' is superb, and your photos are just so very good, I could smell the citrus coming off those fruit.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing so generously! You have such a good heart and a a great eye for talent among these writers. I will be enjoying them!! :)