Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tales of the Seasons and Posts of the Week



Yesterday, I returned home from babysitting for my neighbour, to find a postal package leaning up against my front door. I immediately smiled because I knew exactly what it was and who had sent it.



A couple of weeks ago, I was the very lucky winner of a book of photographs and stories Tales of the Seasons by one of my favourite bloggers - EthelMaePotter from The Adventures of Fred and Ethel. Ethel was holding a giveaway to celebrate having reached 100 followers. How her numbers don't exceed 1,000 is beyond me because she's an incredibly entertaining and enjoyable writer, and a very gifted photographer.




So imagine how ecstatic I am to own a book which contains some of her finest of each. Thank you so much, EthelMae. This is a gift I shall cherish always. And for those of you who are not one of her 100+ followers, do yourself a favour and hop on over to her blog and get to know her. You won't regret it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends!

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a Post of the Week - either as top post or as a runner up.

This week's top post will make you laugh. It goes to:

Bits and Bobs
by Imbeingheldhostage
at In the Gutter


Other wonderful posts are categorized below (they may well fit into more than one category but I'm only selecting one for each):






Betty Has a Sneezing Fit/A Fit About Sneezing
by Betty
at Bossy Betty






Raging Bull
by Jane
at Gaston Studio

Wild Horses

by Grayquill
at It's Just So Homer...


It is All in the Journey
by Zuzana

at Life Through Reflections






Misty Reflections
by Lady Fi
at On a Quirky Quest With Lady Fi

Rare Wood Duck Found
by Tabor
Room Without Walls

Starling Roost at Willen Lake

by Holdingmoments
at Holding Moments






Letting it All Hang Out
by TechnoBabe
at TechnoBabe's Adventures

Silly Little Simplicity

by Cloudia

at Comfort Spiral






Sons
by Lori
at My Life Interrupted

Star of Struggle
by Dawn
at Puzzle Pieces

Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

32 comments:

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Looks like a wonderful book. Can't wait to see more of Ethel's blog. Happy Thanksgiving!!! :) Thanks again for your sweet comment about my Duchess. Warmed my little heart.

Anonymous said...

Wow that book looks wonderful! What a great thing to win.

Thanks for the mention this week. I look forward to reading everyone's post.

Happy Thanksgiving to all your American readers.

Dawn said...

Hilary....
That book you received looks amazing. Going to head over to her site now. Incredible photography....looks like you have a wonderful gift to begin your Thankful and Christmas Season!

Thanks for the recognition on Post of the Week. I am a bit stunned and very honored.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
dawn

Zuzana said...

What a beautiful book and such a lovely gift as well. Very personal and with a deep meaning.
Your efforts on doing such a great job at POTW amazes me every time.;) Thank you so much for the mention today, I am delighted to know you enjoy that post.:)
And congratulations to all the talented writers that made the list today.
Have a lovely day my dear friend, can you believe that we are under 5 inches of snow already...sigh
xoxo

imbeingheldhostage said...

Oh Hilary, you made my day-- thank you. It's such an honour to be included with your picks.
I can't wait to see what you've found this week.
And SUPER congrats to you for your win over at Ethel's place. That is an awesome prize for just following a fun-to-read blog (and I agree, I don't know ho she's only at 100-- but I don't think she'll stay there long). Off to bake pies and the first turkey (I invited way too many people). Happy (very)belated Tday to you!

Fragrant Liar said...

Happy Turkey Day, if you eat turkey, and happy broccoli day otherwise.

I'll check out Ethel Mae Potter. What a nice gift you got on both counts: a book and a blogging friend.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh it looks like a FABULOUS book! I'm hopping over to check out her blog next!

Sueann said...

She is such a talented photographer so that book is a real treasure!!! Congrats.
Off to read some blogs now!
Hugs
SueAnn

Anvilcloud said...

That's a pretty fine looking gift to come through the mail. Your attachment to the blogger makes it extra special, no doubt.

Maggie May said...

The book looks absolutely lovely. I am sure you'll enjoy it!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Unknown said...

I met Ethel through your blog Hilary and so glad I did. Congrats on receiving the fabulous book; what a great gift.
And thanks so much for the mention!
Jane

Mental P Mama said...

Always a treat in here;)

holdingmoments said...

That looks a great book Hilary. Have to go over and see her blog.

And thank you very much for the mention. Appreciate it very much.

Out on the prairie said...

What a wonderful day it has been for you Hilary.I always enjoy looking through the blogs you share.

Daryl said...

off to say congrats to them .. and to you for winning that book!

Bossy Betty said...

What a wonderful book! Love Ethel May--I am a follower! Thanks for including me in POTW! I now have a reason to wear that tiara I had already picked out for today. Bless you in advance of any sneezes you may have already had lined up!

CiCi said...

Lucky you, looks like a great book. Glad you won.
Thank you for mentioning my post this week.
I do appreciate being included in this week's POTW.

Brian Miller said...

smiles. what a wonderful present! and she has some gorgeous pics...and congrats to all the POTW...read most already but will try to make it around...busy holiday though...

Unspoken said...

I m,iss having time to read these. Maybe this weekend, holiday and all :).

Karen said...

Hilary, that's a beautiful book. You should do the same!!

Congrats to the post winners!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful book!

I've already seen a couple of your POTW choices this week, but I'm off to read the others.
Thank you, Hilary. :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

I shall go a-visiting!
Brenda

Cloudia said...

Wow! Such an honor, and what great company to be in.

SandyCarlson said...

These are excellent posts. Thanks for sharing the cream of the crop. Beautiful stuff.

God bless, friend.

lime said...

what a special book. i have no doubt you'll thoroughly enjoy it. :)

Grayquill said...

Thanks for the kudos - that was real nice - I am very surprised.
Congratulations on the book - It looks like a book for you!
Thank you again.

Kelly H-Y said...

Lucky you! I can't wait to check her out ... that photo spread you showed in your post was GORGEOUS! Love how you've done the POTW ... dividing them up by topic! :-) Have a marvelous Thanksgiving!

Maria said...

Hilary, congratulations. I've been to Ehel's blog and always enjoy my visits. That was a lovely prize indeed.

I love your list as usual. These days I'm busy novelling (NaNoWriMo)and find blog visiting a very time consuming affair. Your lovely list makes it possible for me to jump around the blogosphere and enjoy some great posts without any problem. Thank you.

And thank you for your kind comments on my blog the other day. I appreciated your kind thoughts very much.

ethelmaepotter! said...

Oh Hilary,

Thank so much for mentioning my book - I do so hope you'll enjoy it! And I also thank all your guests for their lovely comments - some of them have already come over to see me and I now have four new followers! I just want you all to know that I will return the favor, but I have twenty people coming for dinner tomorrow, a Christmas tree unadorned in the living room, boxes of lights and ornaments EVERYWHERE, and I leave on vacation Friday night!

As always, congratulations to all the winners!

Hilary said...

Thanks everyone, for the kind words and for your always-supportive comments over at the POTW blogs. You folk are wonderful.

Unknown said...

I can't say this enough, Hilary. Your Gift is with the camera, and the sesnsitivity about the preciousness of life to pen so many meaningful thoughts that add so much to each of my visits here. Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all the wonderful people we cherish in Canada, a beautiful country!

Cheryl Kohan said...

That's just awesome! And you are a lucky duck! You are right about ethelmae's talent.