Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Levitation and Posts of the Week

While walking near Frank's place last week, we could see this guy who appeared to be floating on air through the field up ahead.

levitating


Eventually, he came to a bit of a clearing and we could see that he wasn't exactly levitating, but riding a unicycle instead. Of course, Frank already knew that because he's been seen riding round town like this for years - one of their local, colourful characters.

levitation-uni

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a Post of the Week - either as top post or as a runner up.

This week's humourous top post goes to:

Oh Dear, Monsieur Le Bodger Has Struck Again
by Moannie
at The View From This End




Other wonderful posts are categorized below (they may well fit into more than one category but I'm only selecting one for each):






Hats Off to Will and Kate
by Dianne
at Forks Off the Moment

Sometimes You Have to Do That
by MJ
at Midlife Jobhunter

Cheerio, Pip Pip and All That
by Yaya
at Whispering Pines

Hats Off
by Michelle
at House of Lime






The La La La of Anodyne
by Jayne
at Suburban Soliloquy

A Frightfully Lovely Text
by Elizabeth
at One Magical Moment Per Day

Uncovering Spring
by Pauline
at Writing Down the Words






Just Sleeping
by TSannie
at The Tombstone Chronicler

The Woods... a Path Leading Me Away
by Lisa
at Red Willow Photography

On Fire
by Sandy
at Writing in Faith

Up Close
by Saz
at Fab, Fiesty & Fifty

My Yard is Now X-rated
by Tabor
at Room Without Walls

Toys
by Daryl
at Through My Eyes







Fish and Steam
by Maggie May
at Nuts in May







Coucher de Soleil sur Champ de Pissenlits et Boutons d'Or
by Mildred
at Merry Mildred
Recommended by: Lady Fi

Playing Out in the Garden
by Sean
at Sean's Our Scotland
Recommended by:
Teri

Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

42 comments:

Elizabeth Grimes said...

WOW! That is a skill! :) I'm going to enjoy these posts with a good cup of coffee in the morning. Thanks so much for mentioning mine, always a much appreciated and humbling honor.

Birdie said...

That picture rocks! You should develop it and give it to him!

Thanks for the links. I always am on the lookout for more good reads.

Unspoken said...

I actually have a few hours to take a peek :)! YAY and congrats to the chosen blogs :).

Dawn said...

That's one thing I have always wanted to try....the unicycle! Neat captures- and congrats to the posts of the week:)

Cloudia said...

A unicycle? What fun & whimsey!



Congrats to all the posters of the week-



Warm Aloha from Waikiki


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

ADRIAN said...

It's good to see you have your share of eccentrics.....they do make the world a better place.

Maggie May said...

That was really funny!

Thanks for the mention!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Zuzana said...

Love those images, what a fun looking man.;) He seems so mater of fact, even if what he is doing requires such a skill.;))
Congratulation to everyone mentioned here today.;))
And thank you for your mail my dear friend.;)
xoxo

Dave said...

It would be interesting to try riding one of those. Maybe I'm too old now though... - Dave

Sebab said...

Beautiful picture. I don't know how he balances with the flag in his hand.

Sueann said...

Love the photos!! How hard that must be riding a unicycle!!
Now I am off to read! Thanks
Hugs
SueAnn

Shrinky said...

Ha! I bought a unicycle, but no one in our house has ever mastered the art of riding it.. it sleeps in the garage. Thanks for the wonderful selection, I'm off to explore one or two of them now.

Tabor said...

I must admit that you have to admire those calves! Thanks for the award! Now on to read the other links.

Brian Miller said...

ha. what a neat guy...more power to him, can not unicycle...

Gary's third pottery blog said...

looks like unicycling keeps you FIT!

Liz Mays said...

So funny that he goes riding on it out in the country like that!

Unknown said...

The picture reminds me of the scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid when Butch shows up with a bicycle at the home of Sundance's girlfriend. Only you don't know he has a bicycle. You just see the view out her windows, as his head floats by, from window to window, and he warbles in a ghostly voice, "You're miiiiine, Etta Place. Aaaaaaall mine. Your soft, white flesh. Soft, white, BWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

CiCi said...

A die hard unicycle rider. You did a great job getting the photo through the field.

Daryl said...

Thank you .. I am in excellent company .. so congrats to everyone!

Anonymous said...

we have a similar local unicycler!

Out on the prairie said...

A friend I taught with used a unicycle to go everywhere.They take a lot of muscle.

Anyes said...

A Unicycle rider going around the neighbourhood, gives for a very different first photograph. going to visit the POTW, Thank you, Hilary :-)

Jayne said...

Oh Hilary, that is funny--I would have thought the same thing. Magic. And you captured it so well.
Thanks much for the POTW! I'm honored. :)
I'll be checking out the others...

Glo said...

Wonderful capture! Looking forward to reading your picks :)

abb said...

Why thank you, Ms. Hilary! I'm honored to be chosen.

Saz said...

Thank you Hilary...a grand surprise today!

luv saz x

Debbie said...

The very idea of riding a unicycle is funny to me! I can barely balance on a bike.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen anyone just toodling around on a unicycle! Fun! And congrats to all the POTW!

Moannie said...

Sheer serendipity! That you were there, that you spotted him and that you had your trusty camera at the ready. Brilliant.

And then to find I have been honoured, well, JP and I, without him there would be no humour.
Thank you Hilary. XXX

Tammie Lee said...

so many wonderful posts you have suggested, thank you. Fun to imagine your unicyclist floating through the world.

Mildred said...

Oh! Thank you so much! Je suis vraiment très émue! I feel really honored! Thanks again!
I enjoyed very much your post!
He he he! I would like to be able to ride such a vehicle;o)
Have a nice and happy day****

Mental P Mama said...

Wonderful! And some of my friends are in here! And my other new friends, too!

Joanna Jenkins said...

That is a hoot!!! I've never tried a unicycle and can't imagine riding one out on a trail. Great shot!

And thanks for the great reads.

Cheers, jj

Anonymous said...

Great pics of the floating cyclist!

Thanks for a lot of good reading tips this week.

Hilary said...

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. How many of you are going to try riding a unicycle now? Shrinky, you're probably the only one who has the opportunity to try. If/when you do, I hope someone takes a video. ;)

Thanks also for supporting the POTW. Your kindness is always very much appreciated.

Lisa said...

You found a very intersting and fun image and great photo.

Im humbled and honored beyond words. Thank you .
and
Congrat also to all the others.
xoxo

I havent been around all week and will give each a visit.

Sweet Lily said...

Absolutely fantastic! I'll give it a try!!

Pauline said...

thank you for the mention, Hilary, and for all those great reads!

Dianne said...

thank you lady :)

lime said...

HAHAHA! i would not have expected a unicycle. pretty funny surprise.

thanks so much for the mention of my silly little post on very silly hats :)

SandyCarlson said...

Your unicyclist made my night! He's more coordinated than I'll ever be in my wildest dreams.

Thanks for the POTW mention!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

How fun to see myself listed here. Great company I keep this week.