Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Puzzle Solutions and Posts of the Week

The answers to Sunday's Wacky Wordies can be found below. The comments are now published and can be read at the previous post.

Wacky Words - Solutions:

1) Dark circles under his eyes
2) No one's perfect
3) A gross injustice
4) A parting of the ways
5) Enlighting
6) Feeling under the weather
7) A foot in the door
8) The start of something big
9) See-through blouse
10) Safety in numbers
11) Step-daughter
12) No end in sight


Congrats to Glo for pretty much getting all of them correct!

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a Post of the Week - either as top post or as a runner up.

This week's top two posts go to:


Tiny Realm
by Tammie Lee
at Spirithelpers


and


Dream House
by Cricket
at Cricket and Porcupine


Other wonderful posts are categorized below (they may well fit into more than one category but I'm only selecting one for each):






OK, So I'm Cracked
by Jinksy
at Napple Notes






HUSH
by Mami
at Unknown Mami






"Girls," Should You Act Your Age?
by Cloudia
at Comfort Spiral






Puddled Paths
by Dawn
at Puzzle Pieces

Spring Hoarfrost
by The Retired One
at The Retirement Chronicles

Quiet, Joyful Noise
by Deb
at Talk at the Table







Slam the Door, Please
by Steviewren
at A Little Birdie Told Me So

Happy Easter From the Yellow-rumped Warbler
by Glo
at Porcelain Rose

O
by Sue
at Photowannabe


Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

29 comments:

Anyes said...

I really did try to solve the Sunday's Wacky Wordies but failed miserably...Going now to read the POTW, Thank you Hilary

Anyes said...

I really tried to solve the Sunday's Wacky Wordies but failed miserably, maybe next time ;-)
Going now to read the POTW. Thank you, Hilary for your suggestions

photowannabe said...

Wow, thank you so much for giving me the Just Plain Good award.
Its so appreciated Hilary.

Dan said...

Wonderful selection of POTW! :)

Jinksy said...

I'm honoured! :)

ADRIAN said...

I see them now......can't help being a bit thick.

Tabor said...

I will bookmark today's post for later when I can read at my leisure. Don't know where you find these and how you have the time...but thanks anyway.

Brian Miller said...

nice. congrats everyone!!

Mental P Mama said...

Those titles alone have me hooked! Congrats to all!

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Mental P Mama just wrote what I was starting to type!

Either great minds think alike or she has a shadow...

Cricket said...

Cripes... I was going to make some comment about the word puzzles, went back to look at the answers, and saw you named a post of mine here. Good Lord, that is my decaffeinated brain for ya.

So anyway, thank you, and congratulations to everyone.

In an ironic twist, I found my post also linked to a website for custom builders... the types who build the modern "starter castles" I can't stand. I guess someone read only the title.

I never would have gotten the puzzles I didn't get the first try. The only forehead slapper was "no one is perfect."

Thanks again.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

no! don't act your age :)

Anonymous said...

i just love finding new blogs via potw ~ thanks for putting this together each week :)

Debbie said...

Can't wait to check these out!

Out on the prairie said...

Nice choices today

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Even after you told us what the answers were, it took a close look at the puzzles to get it. I think I need to get me one of those word puzzle books and practice for the next quiz. :)

Tammie Lee said...

Hello Hilary,
You are so lovely to share posts that move you one way or another. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that you honored my post this way. Many thanks, wishing you a lovely day.

Cloudia said...

WoW- Thank YOU, Hilary!

Being part of your wonderful blog is a privilege-



Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Congrats to all for the POTW's !!! Woohoo!!!

So little time...so many blogs!

God bless and enjoy your day sweetie! :o)

Claudya Martinez said...

Thank you! You are too kind.

steviewren said...

Thanks for making my post about my love of screen doors a POTW. I'm very honored.

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the posts of the week! I've read Cricket's but not the others. Thanks for pointing us in their direction!

Unknown said...

ah... you honour me so, Hilary.
Thank you.

Mage said...

I wasn't in town and escaped the wordies. :) Thanks again for all these wonderful people you are introducing us to.

Phyllis E said...

RATS!!! I was so focussed on our move that I didn't even know you had a word puzzle in progress until I saw the solution :-(

Good brain teasers, as always, Cuzzie/

Lisa said...

Wonderful Series Hilary.
and Congrats to all .

Glo said...

Thanks Hilary ~ Good to see the puzzle solutions, and pleased to know I did OK with the help of my son! It was great fun.

Also the Yellow-rumped Warbler Easter bunny-bird and I thank you so much for including us in your POTW. I hope it doesn't go to his head! ;) I look forward to clicking on your fabulous links :)

Teri said...

This is such a fun little post! http://sean-ourscotland.blogspot.com/2011/05/playing-out-in-garden.html

The Retired One said...

Thanks so much for the shout out again for my hoarfrost post on my blog...it is such fun to photograph!!! xxoo