Just for fun, and because winter is long and boring, I thought I'd try something new for this blog post. Maybe not so new because I've done this sort of thing before but none of you fine people were coming around to read at that time, so for all intents and purposes, we'll say that it's new.
I'm still presenting some of my usual photos - because that's what I do - but they'll have nothing to do with the rest of the content.
The photos were snapped on two different days in lovely, late January afternoon sunshine.
Have a look beneath each image and you'll see a familiar (hopefully) lyrical snippet from a song. There are twelve images and twelve different songs represented. Can you figure out what all of the songs have in common?
First, you might want to discover which songs are represented (that's not the challenge, so feel free to allow Google to help you with that part) and then you might determine what they have in common.
I'm going to turn the moderation feature on just for this post, so your guesses will not appear for a while. Any incorrect or unrelated comments will show up as soon as I notice the alert. I'll post the correct answer along with the names of those who got it right (and the rest of the comments) in a few days. Have fun!
1) "Crimson flames tied through my ears."
2) "All in a dream, all in a dream The loading had begun. They were flying Mother Nature's silver seed to a new home in the sun."
3) "Don't cry. Don't raise your eye."
4) "What a field day for the heat. A thousand people in the street."
5) "I am yours. You are mine. You are what you are."
6) "McGuinn and McGuire just a-gettin' higher in L.A. You know where that's at. And no one's gettin' fat except Mama Cass."
7) "The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands."
8) "Too late, my time has come. Sends shivers down my spine. Body's aching all the time."
9) "Found my coat and grabbed my hat. Made the bus in seconds flat."
10) "Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
11) "Yeah, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles."
12) "Pisces, Virgo rising is a very good sign."
Remember that comment moderation will be on just for this post. Your guesses will be published in a few days. Comments without guesses (or incorrect guesses) will appear as soon as I receive the notification.
So tell me, what do the above songs have in common?