Thursday, January 31, 2013

Walking With Benny and Solutions to the Previous Post

 If you like music trivia challenges and haven't already seen the previous post, please go there right now because today, I'm revealing what the twelve songs (plus the title song) in that post have in common. If you don't want to know the answer yet, stop right here and go to the previous post.

Answer:
For the rest of you, the common thread between all twelve songs is that the titles of the tunes are never mentioned within the lyrics of the respective songs. The titles for each are as follows:

1) My Back Pages by The Byrds

2) After the Gold Rush by Neil Young

3) Baba O'Rily by The Who

4) For What It's Worth by Buffalo Springfield

5) Suite: Judy Blue Eyes by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

6) Creeque Alley by The Mamas and the Papas

7) Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin

8) Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

9) A Day in the Life by The Beatles

10) The Weight by The Band

11) The Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton

12) Danny's Song by Loggins and Messina

Title of the post: What's Puzzling You is the Nature of My Game is from Sympathy for the Devil by The Rolling Stones, and it fits the same pattern.

Unlike most songs, not one of these ever mentions the title in their lyrics.

I hope you had fun with it.

Somehow, I missed reading Lisa Says' comment on the previous post. Lisa is Frank's sister and she was the only one to guess the correct answer to the puzzle. Such a smart lady!

Now on to a few photos of  Benny.



Benny wait up
See that little speck of cuteness up ahead? I suspect that if you can muster up one shrill whistle, he'll come running. Go ahead and give it a try.




Benny come back
Atta boy, Benny!




Bennie branch
Our boy has found a branch and he's daring me to take it from him.



bennie branch 2
I feign a grab for it and he immediately takes off running with it.




benny branch 3
Of course, it's bigger than he is in some ways and it trips him up. Silly dog.



benny stick
Now that one is more his size. Look at the snow he kicks up with his enthusiasm. Gotta love that boy.


Thanks for stepping out with Benny and me. We'll have some more photos for you coming up soon.

44 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

I would have never guessed that! Benny is such a cute dog!

Cloudia said...

Benny just touches our hearts so much!



Happy Aloha
from Honolulu,
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° >
> < } } ( ° >

Kerry said...

Aha! Puzzle solved. And Benny is the best.

Tom said...

It's been a few rough months here, but just to see Benny again has really made my day. Thank you, Hilary!

Sueann said...

Benny is definitely large and in charge!
Looking good Benny!
Hugs
SueAnn

DJan said...

I puzzled over the previous post but only mildly, since I couldn't figure out ANY connection. But oh boy, a Benny post! I sure enjoy that little guy. Uggie has nothing on your own Jack Russell. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ah - I never would have guessed the answer!

Lovely sweet shots of Benny.

Brian Miller said...

well i only had a chance at a few of those...smiles...benny! ha on the huge stick too...guess dogs are like us at times tackling things far too big for just us...smiles.

Hilary said...

I am horrible at the game, but I do LOVE that Benny. I just want to give him a squeeze.

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Benny is just a busy little fellow, isn't he? So much energy crammed into that little package.

Red said...

I like the first photo with white snow and white dog...a rather lonely scene.

messymimi said...

Photos of Benny always leave me laughing.

Daryl said...

i a such a DOH ... i thought you wanted us to name the plants .. LMAO!

TexWisGirl said...

benny is just a little IMP! that face! :)

and that solution was so obscure, i'd have NEVER gotten it! :)

Gail Dixon said...

I knew I'd smack my head and say "Of course!" when you revealed the answer. :/ Did anyone get it? Just curious. Always good to see Benny romping around. He makes me smile.

stephen Hayes said...

I had no idea I could whistle so well!

Rob-bear said...

Well, I got exactly two correct answers. I feel I'm somehow culturally deprived!

It is -45°C at mid-morning, here. I think that's a bit cooler than Benny would like (or even tolerate). But he looks cute, and funny, at your place.

Anonymous said...

Argh, I knew it would be something simple! Always love seeing pics of Benny!

Lisa Gordon said...

Benny is absolutely adorable, Hilary, and he looks like he's having so much fun!

Phyllis E said...

Hi Cuzzie,

Love the shot of Bennie running towards you. That was a VERY tough puzzle, by the way. Not that I'm up on the lyrics to most of those songs!

Hugs from your blogging Cuzzie.

Tabor said...

I certainly love your little guy and the energy he brings to your life.

sage said...

I gotta say that I didn't see the previous post, but those are songs I can relate to (unlike someone else who recently wrote in his blog about how old he is due to New Kids on the Block reunion tour). Great photos!

Mimi said...

Got to admire Benny, he's not put off by the size of the branch!
Love your photos Hilary, everything looks so pristine in the snow!

Karen said...

Why is it they always want the biggest branch? teehee...so much like us, huh? Cute pics!

Glo said...

I won't admit that I searched out each title, copied all the lyrics and pored over the contents trying to make connections. I became brainwoggled and have not recuperated. I feel like the stick that Benny is carrying...all bent out of shape. Haha. Enjoyed seeing Benny scampering playfully through the snow.

Barb said...

Love your Benny posts -I always leave smiling.

yaya said...

Benny is a cutie! He doesn't suffer from "small doggie syndrome"...he'll tackle those big sticks! I kick up snow like that too..usually it's becasue I'm running back to the warm house!

Reb said...

well, the last post sure had me stumped. Benny is such a cute lil guy, glad he found a stick better suited to him.

Zuzana said...

Dear Hilary, please forgive me skipping your previous posts, I am swamped by packing and am just finding a few moments to relax with blogging;)
But i enjoyed seeing Benny again he is a hoot, he must be so much fun to be around, all this energy.;) Can see you have some snow as well.;)
Have a great weekend dear friend,
xoxo

Zuzana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nadezda said...

Hillary, I love your last photo! Benny's running through the long tree shadows. Great!

Birdie said...

Benny posts always brighten my day! A dog born to make people laugh!

Slamdunk said...

I was not even close to thinking in terms of your solution. Maybe, I'll be better the next time you challenge us.

Sounds like Benny has a fan club.

A Cuban In London said...

I loved, loved your post, especially becuase I'm a music geek. I guessed five of the tracks correctly so I feel a bit disappointed in myself. i should have done better. Not in a million years would I have gussed what the theme was. Thanks for that. It was fun.

Greetings from London.

Dianne said...

you're a clever one
I never would have gotten it

Benny is magnificent
I love his choice of branch, it's so complicated for him yet he tries

Liz Mays said...

There's no way I would have figured that out.

Benny is such a playful, happy little pup. I like him!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bossy Betty said...

Benny! I want to walk with him though it looks like he would wear me out!!!

Anvilcloud said...

That first stick is pretty funny.

photowannabe said...

I love Benny's pure abandon and love of life.
Your photos capture his love of life.
I failed terribly at your music contest. I guess I lived under a rock during the time period these songs came out...

Along These Lines ... said...

Your "dairyaire" comment on my post was priceless! Great photos as always.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

Never would have guessed that answer!

Thank you for this lovely "Benny fix" this evening! ♥

Betty Manousos said...

love benny!

he is a darling!
i just want to reach through the screen and hug him tight!

xo

Linda said...

So does Benny know how many fans he has? Always heartwarming to see what he's up to. He's really enjoying his stick friend.