Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Polychromatic and Posts of the Week

Before I get into autumn leaves, I wanted to share a couple of colourful images which caught my eye late last month, when the weather was particularly warm and summer-like.


balloon girl
We were just returning from a walk around the pond when we happened upon this little girl - a guest at a neighbour's birthday party. She might have been hoping that she could float along with her balloons.



psychedelic
A few days later, we took a day trip to a town called Port Perry, Ontario. We were walking along the main street when this psychedelic van drove by. The driver saw me lift the camera to my eye and she smiled proudly.

And now without further delay, here are the Posts of the Week. I have fewer than usual this week because I'm still trying to catch up on reading, and on uploading and sorting through my own photos. Hopefully I'll have more for you next time but I hope you enjoy this week's selections.

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the Week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a POTW.


http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x2/thesmittenimage/POTW%20icons/potwpurple.jpg


A Quest for Support

Thanksgiving Comes First
by Jim
at Suldog


A Good Story


And Then I Caught My Breath
by Linda
at Ye Olde Crone's Gazette


A Good Read


Smokey Fall Moon
by Zuzana
at Life Through Reflections


Good Photography

Illusions
by Daniel
at Daniel's View


A Good Laugh

Re: Incarnation
by Jim
at Suldog


Just Plain Good

Who's Feeling Seussesque?
by Leah
at The Goat's Lunch Pail


Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

47 comments:

Cloudia said...

where do you find these gems?



Aloha from Waikiki;

Comfort Spiral



> < } } ( ° >

Anyes said...

What a colourful van, she is driving Hilary. Now going to visit the POTWs :-)

Dawn said...

Oooohh.....i do want that vehicle:D

Pierre BOYER said...

Great colors !
njoy your day !

Pierre

Anonymous said...

so glad you are pointing the way to these. love the painted van!

Anonymous said...

Fabulously colourful shots! And thanks for the Posts of the Week!

ADRIAN said...

A great van...........I must think of getting mine done.

Bob Bushell said...

A hippie bus, right on man. Great photos.

Dave said...

As usual Hilary, wonderful photos. Specially liked the little girl with the balloons - Dave

Sueann said...

Great shot of the van!!! Amazing!
And congrats to Jim for having two awards this week!!! Woot!
Hugs
SueAnn

Gary's third pottery blog said...

AWESOME van and POTW! I should not push my own posts, but I just blogged the song we wrote about my bealge and the dead squirrel in the middle of the road...

Out on the prairie said...

Lovely shots, haven't seen a van like that for years. I had a friend who had a pink paiseley hearse when in high school.Love the balloons and remeber wanting to float with them.

Dianne said...

I can see the driver smiling :)
and the little girl is a delight

Brian Miller said...

what a cool van....cool pic of the kid with the balloons as well...congrats everyone!

Reena said...

Love that car and appreciate you sorting through and finding posts of the week so we can enjoy! :)

Suldog said...

Oh, my goodness! I'm mentioned TWICE? I don't know if I can live up to that, but I'll try my best. You'll make an honest man of me yet, Hilary!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I think I should get me a van like that. LOL

Betty Manousos said...

lovely photos, especially the first one!
what glorious image!

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Love these colors! Especially since I woke up to a gray sky. :) Congrats to all the POTW!

Leah J. Utas said...

Aww, thanks.

TexWisGirl said...

thanks again, hilary, for some great reads and pics! :) you hang with some clever souls...

Tabor said...

Glad you are getting back on the horse!

Slamdunk said...

I can relate to wanting to float away with the balloons--nice catch.

Congrats as well to your POTW awardees--off to check them out now.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You are so dear to include me in your POTW. I am honored and a little pleased. I love that story. It's like a little present from my past, albeit a stinky one. Oma Linda

Daryl said...

Perfection

Bossy Betty said...

These photos are just wonderful, Hilary! Sorry I have not been by to visit too often these days! Thanks for the POTW.

KaHolly said...

Hilary, thanks for stopping by my blog!! And thanks to TexWisGirl for pointing you in my direction. I love the first photo on your post. It's a classic!

messymimi said...

An old VW Van painted just like that would be my dream ride.

Yeah, i'm weird.

Barb said...

So colorful this week, Hilary! I like the van with red hubs!

Spilling Ink said...

Oh, I like that car!

Kat said...

What great, colorful pics! :)

Glad you've got Suldog's post in as the Post of the Week. It is a must read, I agree. :)

Unknown said...

Ah the childhood delight of colorful balloons!

Gail Dixon said...

That is one groovy van, man. Seriously. lol

Congrats to all the POTW! Hope to have time to visit them all later.

Barbara said...

Great POTW choices and wonderful photos!

Mental P Mama said...

That car is fun!!!

Maggie May said...

Love that car! Psychedelic or what?

Glad Suldog got a mention..... He has a heart of gold.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Jayne said...

What fun photos, Hilary! Great round up, as always. :)

Wendy said...

What a fun van! Looks like hippie days again. Those balloons are so colourful, I hope the little girl had fun.

SandyCarlson said...

These are wonderful pictures. I love the child reaching for the balloons. Thanks for these posts.

Anonymous said...

As always, thank you for doing such wonderful research!

Hilary said...

Thanks, everyone. You're all too kind.

Zuzana said...

Dear Hilary, love that car! I sure would not mind driving that one on my long trips each day.;) Thank you for this brief greeting of summer.
Gosh, I am so WAY behind with blogging these days, as I have manged to find a tenant to my house, thus will soon be packing my belongings into storage.;) Am contemplating taking a break, but then again, I know I will have some spare time in between and will miss writing and visiting.;)
Thank you for the nomination, how lovely that is, I found it through the comments that kind people left.;) Glad you thought that post was worth this mention.;)
Take care dear friend.;)
xoxo

CiCi said...

Look at the huge smile on the woman driving the psychedelic van. The mesmerizing design and colors must do that to her.

Indrani said...

Truly delightful pictures.

MaggieGem said...

Love the vivid colors in the balloon shot, and the van is a fabulous find!

Thanks for finding the POTW's, I'll have to check them out!

lime said...

LOVE that van!

Dan said...

Thank you Ms. Hilary!