Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Migrating Monarch and Posts of the Week

We're up at the cottage for a few days and therefore do not have online access. I managed to put a few Posts of the Week choices together before leaving. Due to time retraints, there are fewer than usual and I'm uncertain if we'll be home in time for me to catch up on and select any for next week. Time will tell.

The photo below was taken around Frank's neck of the woods. I was trying to capture a photo of the Monarch butterfly which was posing nicely on the Goldenrod. Just as I snapped the shot, it took off in fight, giving me this happy mistake.

monarch in flight

Tomorrow, I'll take you on a walk in my own part of the world. We're way overdue.

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the Week.
The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a POTW.


http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x2/thesmittenimage/POTW%20icons/potwpurple.jpg


Encouragement Needed

Our Little Angel
by Nancy
at Life in the Second Half


Readers' Choice


All Good Things Must Come To An End
by Ian for Bernie
at Old? Who Me?
Recommended by: MidlifeJobhunter
A bit of background here. Bernie of Old? Who Me? passed away recently. Her daughter, MidlifeJobhunter recommended this post which was written by her son (Bernie's grandson) about his grandmother.


Good Photography

A Few With the New Camera
by Keith
at Holding Moments

Sisters of the Sea
by Barbara
at Confessions of a Photography Addict

4:30 PM
by Daryl
at Out and About in New York City

Sunday's Gifts
by Kathleen
at Easy for Me to Say


A Good Laugh

Spooning Made Easy
by Fragrant Liar
at Fragrant Liar


A Good Inspiration

What Can People Say?
by Maggie May
at Nuts in May


Just Plain Good

Steve Jobs
by Dianne
at Forks Off the Moment

Mothers and Mice
by Sandy
at Writing in Faith

Reflections
by TechnoBabe
at Technobabe's Adventures


Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

33 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hope you are having fun up at the cabin and capturing some more beauty for us...good to see friends on the list...and those just yet to be made...

That Janie Girl said...

Ooooh. Enjoy the cabin! Thanks for the good referrals, I'll go check them out.

Cloudia said...

yes, tomorrow we walk :-)





Aloha from Honolulu;

Comfort Spiral



> < } } ( ° >

Dawn said...

Oh I always get so jealous when I hear you're out at the cabin...*sigh*
And don't you just love Happy Mistakes?!
Beautiful capture!
Have a wonderful time.....

ADRIAN said...

Great image of the Monarch.

Anyes said...

Thank you for all the POTW's, going to read them now.
Looking forward to seeing your neck of the woods, Hilary :-)

Bob Bushell said...

Have a nice time at the cabin, the photo was superb.

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful that you can enjoy the last embers of summer up at the cabin... See you around the blogosphere when you're back.

Naqvee said...

How glad all os us are at this happy mistake of yours. Enjoy your side of life. since the more you enjoy the more relaxing and aesome beauty you will capture for our eyes.

Love NAqvee♥

CiCi said...

I have read so many of the posts this week and will visit the ones I haven't seen that you recommend. Thank you for adding my post to your list. Enjoy your time at the cottage. I am so glad to hear the joy in your words.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

those butterflies have a long way to go, don't they?

Zuzana said...

Beautiful shot dear friend, I think mistakes are usually the best pictures.;)
Enjoy your days off line, I will be traveling myself, thus will try to visit all these lovely people if times permits.;))
xoxo

Pearl said...

At the cabin?! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Off to check out your picks...

Pearl

Shrinky said...

I don't blame you for soaking up as much from the cabin as you can! Great to see some familiar faces in here, thanks for the heads up, I look forward to delving..

TexWisGirl said...

as always, i enjoy your tour of Blogland. such another good crop of posts, hilary! thank you for taking the time!

Anonymous said...

Have fun up at the cottage!

Daryl said...

love your flitting monarch .. and thank you for recognizing my photo, its one of my recent favorites .. off to visit the others!

holdingmoments said...

Well, butterflies in flight!
Great capture Hilary.
Have a great time.

Thanks for the POTW mention too.

Liz Mays said...

That's a happy surprise indeed. What a lovely capture.

Nancy said...

Thank you so much for POTW! Hope you have a wonderful time at the cabin and I look forward to reading the other writers.

BrandNewStudio said...

BeautifulPicture

Fragrant Liar said...

Hey, thanks, Hilary! Have a great time at the cabin, and hope you get in some good spooning time!

Barbara said...

Thanks so much for the POTW for my sweet little girls, and for pointing me to several posts I haven't yet read. Enjoy your time at the cottage! I look forward to walking through your neighborhood again!

Out on the prairie said...

You have to be fast to catch those butterflies. Neat how it flattens out.

Wendy said...

Love that happy mistake. It looks rather good!!! Enjoy your time away.

SandyCarlson said...

Hey,
Thanks for including me here. My hat is off to the nice lady who left the mouse mama and her brood in peace. May we all be aware of our karma footprint as this lady.

God bless, friend.

Maggie May said...

Thanks Hilary!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Dave said...

That's a nice bright picture Hilary. Caught the monarch butterfly right too - Dave

Betty Manousos said...

wow, enjoy the cabin! i'd just wanted to be there with you.

outstanding photo as well!

have a great time and take lots of photos!

Kathleen said...

Thank you for the lovely gift of the POTW, dear Hilary <3. It's always such a treat to meet new visitors by way of your blog. And it always takes me by surprise. I'm glad the gifts from this past Sunday delighted more eyes than my own! Cheers!

Jayne said...

Nice round up, Hilary. And beautiful butterfly but that goldenrod makes me want to sneeze!

Moannie said...

I have read them all some for the second time...all great and all deserving.

Beautiful beautiful pictures Hilary.

Enjoy your break.

Jenny Woolf said...

I've always wanted to see the places where Monarchs cluster in great groups, I think that must be an amazing sight. They're a pretty and decorative butterfly.