Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Driving at Dusk and Posts of the Week

This was the view from the passenger seat one evening on the drive from my cousin's place to mine. I just thought I'd share it with you.

driving at dusk

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a Post of the Week - either as top post or as a runner up.

This week's top post goes to:

The Perfect Red Dress
by Sandra
at Add Humor and Faith



Other wonderful posts are categorized below (they may well fit into more than one category but I'm only selecting one for each):






Overheard at the Office
by Michelle
at House of Lime

Oh, Those Teachers....
by Shammickite
at Rook's Nest

Big Dog Mentality
by Slam Dunk
at Slamdunks
Note: The video posted on Slam Dunk's blog is no longer visible but can be viewed here... at least for now.






On the Playground
by Gary
at Follow Your Bliss

Vigil
by Brian
at WayStationOne






Butterflies Are Free
by Reena
at Missing Moments

In the Pink
by Daryl
at Through My Eyes

Bring on the Hoards
by Mage
at Postcards

Birds!
by Joan
at The Retirement Chronicles






Big Things and Endings
by Cloudia
at Comfort Spiral

Just Call Me Stalker
by Robin
at Ramblings With a Cantankerous Old Mule


Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

36 comments:

ADRIAN said...

I love lowlight images and this one is very good.

Dan said...

Like Adrian, I share his view. There is something magical about images captured in low light conditions.

Love the new look! I couldn't imagine how one of my favourite BLOGS could get any better... but you continue to amaze!

It's time for prime time, Hillary. Get it syndicated.

Daniel

Explore. Dream. Discover.
http://daniels-view.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth Grimes said...

Beautiful shot Hilary. Thanks for all the recommended reads, I've enjoyed many of them tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot - but oh my, so much traffic!

Thanks for sharing some good posts with us.

Pierre BOYER said...

Very nice shot...
Greetings from France,

Pierre

Naqvee said...

the lines have divided the world perfectly..what a perfect shot.

L. D. said...

Your photo is wonderful. I like driving in the dark through towns and seeing all the lights.

Sueann said...

Love the photo!! Looks so festive...a holiday for sure!!
Off to visit now!
Hugs
SueAnn

Sandra said...

Thank you, Hilary, for honoring me as Post of the Week. I am glad that The Perfect Red Dress touched you as it did me. :)

Brian Miller said...

thank you for the honor hilary...it is nice to see the POTW...and congrats to everyone...be around in a bit...

Shammickite said...

WOW, thanks Hilary! I had no idea about the POTW until some strange bloggers started commenting on my blog and then I realised you had bestowed me with such an important and prestigious award.... thank you, thank you, thank you..... Fame at last!

CiCi said...

Everything about your blog has changed. New photo. New colors on the blog. etc. Really cool.

Another wonderful set of blog recommendations. Thanks again for steering me to some great posts.

TexWisGirl said...

I have missed your POTW posts, but then i spend an extra chunk of my day exploring all these great blogs... :)

Daryl said...

Thank you! And congrats/well done to all the other recipients!

Bossy Betty said...

Great picture! And thank you for all the good reads!!!

Liz Mays said...

What a beautiful time in the evening!

Reena said...

Great photo Hilary and thanks for the POTW! I'll be making the rounds of the others soon!

Barbara said...

What a beautiful capture of dusk! And thanks for the POTW - I'll try to get to them although my blogreading time has been cut way back! sigh.

Mage said...

Thank you so much for liking my photographs. I too love the Comic Con pictures. G's trying to get tickets for next year now...or volunteer jobs.

In your driving image, look at the overhead lines. We are so spoiled here as most of ours are underground now.

Gary said...

Hilary, you have truly made my day! Thanks for the shout out and for adding a bit of happiness and smiles to my summer. I appreciate the kindness.

Gail Dixon said...

What a great photo! Thanks for sharing the other blogs. I need to make time to check them out.

Maggie May said...

That is a very busy &colourful picture.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Melinda said...

What a great idea for a post ~ I'll have to be sure I go and take a peek, maybe I'll find some more favorites... :)

Barb said...

That photo is like Christmas in July!

Dawn said...

i love that image. it evokes memories for some reason.
thank you for the new reads!

The Retired One said...

Thanks so much Hilary...that was so nice of you!!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

nice new profile pic and hullo to Benny!

lime said...

i just don't think it's possible for you to take a bad picture :)

and thanks for the POTW honor!

Cloudia said...

Totally inhabited that pic - I need coffee! Great capture of moments we all know...

THANKS fo da POTW!


Aloha from Waikiki;


Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


> < } } ( ° >

< ° ) } } > <

yaya said...

Reminds me of growing up in Chicago. Now that I live in the country, we don't have traffic like that...and no one could make it look prettier than you!

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful dusk Hilary, there should be a prize for that.

Out on the prairie said...

The town I live in is so small a traffic jam is 8 cars.

Slamdunk said...

Thanks for the recognition Hilary.

Lots of cars--something I don't normally see, but did last week after traveling to a couple of big cities.

Hilary said...

Thank you all very kindly. I appreciate your warm comments and kind support.

Jayne said...

Wow--busy evening out there! And quite beautiful, too. Thanks for bringing more wonderful writing to us. :)

Unknown said...

Nice photo of dusk. Reminded me of Las Vegas a bit.