Oh, that was so beautiful, well done and a real tear jerker. I remember most of those pictures so well. Thanks, Hil. Happy Birthday 21st Birthday Jeffrey!
happy birthday to your boy :) he's gorgeous :)
OMG, Hilary - that even brought a tear to MY eye, and I don't even know the boy!! He's definitely someone to be proud of, by the looks of things, and what a terrific tribute to him.Happy 21st Birthday, Jeffrey!
It brought a tear to my eye too! And I don't know ANY of you!!Well done Hil. :)Happy Birthday Jeffrey!
Happy 21st birthday, JeffreyHugs from your Stowe "cuzzies", MP&Q
Jeffrey what a wonderful tribute to you. Your mom has done it again, given us such a touching montage.Happy Birthday my son!Hil- a work of art (the video too!).
• Thanks muchly, Andi. I'm sure your nephew will be around when his school day is over. :)• Thanks Althea, I agree! ;)• Thank you Baggie, I've been teary all morning, myself. :/• Thanks, Leah. :)• Thank you, Frank. None of us know who you are either! ;)• Thanks for stopping by, cuzzies! :)• Thanks, Don. I couldn't have done this "work of art" without you. He and his brother are a bond we'll always share. :)
Mom,Wow, I don't quite know what to say, but it almost made me cry too. That was probably the best birthday gift I have ever received. Thank You.Everybody else, thank you for your kind words and birthday wishes.Jeffrey
what a beautiful montage for a beautiful boy/manMy Jeffrey will be 35 next month - talk about growing up so fast.I have tears in my eyes - happy tears.Happy 21st Birthday Jeffreyand bravo Mom.
Hilary I am sat here with tears in my eyes. What a beautiful tribute to your son. He looks a fine, sensitive and is a handsome young man. You must be very proud. I pray he is kept safe and will always come home.Fantastic song choice. Fantastic photos. And I looked at your post that you linked (from Dec 07) and it is wonderful too - it make me smile.Fantastic post. It lifted my spirits (causing me to think of my own 18 year old) and I so needed that. Thank you.
Sure brought a tear to my eye. That was really beautiful. Happy Birthday Jeffrey!Love,Marcy
Who you are and what you are all about just took on added and wonderfully satisfying dimension. My heart-felt best to you both on this day of blessed remembrance and celebration.Loving You ...
Well done Hilary! Happy Birthday Jeffery!
• Jeffrey. :) You're welcome, my sweetie. I love you tons.• Thanks, Dianne. You must be the first mother in history who is younger than her own child. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)• Thanks so much, Cath for your kind words and for letting me know that it cheered you. I'm so glad for that. :)• Thanks, Cuzzie Marcy. I'm glad you dropped by. :)• Thanks very much, John-Michael. Your kind words are much appreciated. :)• Thanks Reb. I'm glad you stopped by. :)
What a wonderful tribute to your son! Sitting here in Tokyo crying now, missing mine (he's 25 now). Happy 21, dear Jeffrey!
Dear Aunt Hilary,I like all of Jeffrey's video. I've watched it 3 or 4 times. Thanks for putting it on the computer. Happy Birthday to Cousin Jeffrey. Can you come over to our house more often? Please Jeffrey, could you come to our house and play with us? And I'll show you the toys if you come to my house. Love, Elliot
• Hi Amy, sorry for the tears of longing and hoping that you and your son will be reunited soon. Thanks so much for stopping by. Your photos always leave me in awe. :)• Elliot!!! I'm so happy to hear from you! I'm glad you liked the video of your cousin Jeffrey. Did you notice how you kind of look like he did when he was your age? We'll be at your house again before you know it. Till then, try not to grow up TOO fast, OK? :)
Good lord, I'm a blubbering mess after that! Just beautiful.Oh Hil, you must be such a proud mama bear...what a fine man your little tot has become...and he still has a soft spot for kitties! I love the contrast between sad Jeffrey getting a haircut & the smiling man in the last photos.Happy Birthday to both of you--clearly these days belong to mommas too. :)))
sweet!!!!! happy b'day jeffrey :)
This is absolutely delightful!Happy birthday to Jeffrey Daniel. And I have to admit to a few tears too. Little boys grow up to be men... it's hard to visualise when you are holding a tiny new baby in your arms.I have 2 sons myself, now 26 and 36, and their lives are documented with similar phots... the baby pics, the birthday balloons, the baseball team, the soccer team, the graduations.... and now the weddings and the grandchildren. You still have those pics to come. Life goes on, and we are glad that it does.Lovely post!I'll have to learn how to put pics together in a video.... any tips on how to do it?
• Thanks so much, Jo. I'm really glad that the video touched you. Your opinion means a lot to me. :)• Thank you, Moi. :)• Thanks, ex-S. :) You summarized that beautifully, and I can sure tell how much you're enjoying that next generation.I used iMovie to place the (mostly) scanned images and music into video form. If you'd like some help with doing the same, just let me know and I'd be glad to assist. My email address is now in the side bar. Drop me a line, and I'll do what I can, ex-S. :)
God bless. Our children are our most precious possessions, without doubt.Hilary, your comments on my blog are priceless - but the comments on the angels and the beer photo made me chuckle, as usual!
Thank you, David. I couldn't agree more on your first comment.Your blog posts sure do inspire word play.. and adding my own similar comments is about as irresistible as chocolate. ;)
What a touching video!Happy Birthday to your son, and thanks so much for sharing this with us.
Thank you, Crabby. Very glad to see you online again.. welcome back. :)
Happy Birthday to your sonGreat tribute hope that he will store that.
Thank you for reminding me how fleetingly we have our children in our care. I pretend to look forward to the day my eldest will be the first one to fly the nest - I am sure the reality will be very different.Has your boy finished his training yet?
Happy Birthday, Boy!(By the way, Hilary, thanks for stopping by over at my place, and for the very kind words.)
• Thank you Lilli & Nevada, I'm sure he will. :) Thanks for stopping by.• Thanks for the return visit, Suldog. Your stories are a hoot. :)• Flores Online.. bye-bye spam!
Delightful Hilary. What delicious memories. I have two boys (they'll always be my boys) even thoughthey are 35 and 40. That sounds a bit scary when I see it in print. How did all those years happen?
Happy birthday to your boy :-)***Hey, I was at one of my friends house today and she showed me a picture of a cardinal in snow that another mutual friend had enlarged for her into an 8 X 10. She said that I'd showed her the picture online, that one of my online friends had taken the photo... Lo and behold it was your photo.After it was enlarged, not only was the red cardinal in the snow visable, but a female cardinal in a bush nearby. She's a gray color.... I just wanted to let you know that one of your pics now adorns the wall of one of my friends living room... pretty neat, huh?-Tamie
Joyous! Absolutely joyous!Terrie
• Ooops Shrinky, I'm sorry I missed responding to your comment earlier.Jeffrey is finishing his second year of his university education and officer training. He'll have two more years to go after that and then he'll be trained for a specific mission. I'm dreading those days. I'm also proud as hell. Equal parts. Thanks so much for stopping by. :)• Thank you, Photowannabe. I'm trying to figure out how they sped past us so quickly too. I remember when we once said "Never trust anyone over 30" Now we're hard-pressed to have children that are under 30.. sigh! Thanks for the visit. :)• Tamie, thank you so much for letting me know that. I think that's so cool. Imagine that! :)• Thanks very much, Terrie. I'm glad you stopped by. :)
Happy Birthday, BOY!So now you're the mom of a son who is legal to do all the grown-up stuff. Drink, drive, vote....hopefully not all at the same time!I'm going to be the mom of a teenager next month. :(
Thanks, EWBL! It appears to me that not too long from now, you're going to have a fair number of teenagers at the same time. Yikes!Jeffrey has been legal for a while now.. driving at 16, voting at 18 and drinking at 19 here in Ontario, but I've never known him to do any two of them at the same time. Chewing gum.. now that's another story. :)
Oh Hilary .. what a wonderful thing to do .. I cant believe you have a son that 'old' .. happy birthday Jeffrey .. you have an exceptional mom!
For some reason the photo won't load for me, but Happy Birtday to you and your dear one as well :)
Hope the big celebration was wonderful.
Hilary - thanks for dropping in mine. I do appreciate it. :0)
• Thanks, Daryl E.. me neither! ;)• Thank you Sunny. Please stop by again. :)• I'm sure he celebrated with his buddies on the weekend, David. Thanks. :)• Anytime, Cath! :)
Wow I couldn't help but see the next 20yrs of Winston's life flash before my eyes. I cried for a while Hilary - but good tears! What a great mother, I only hope I can leave sometihng half as beuatiful as a legacy to my son! Fantastically inspiring! Well done!
Thank you so much, Erin. I have no doubt that Winston will have a ton of memories to sift through as he matures. You and Ron are terrific parents. Ron brought him by while I was raking the grass yesterday. Winston put his crankies on hold for a few minutes, and I got my baby fix. What a mutually satisfying relationship. ;)
Post a Comment