Sunday, December 14, 2014

We All Shine On

Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.
~ John Lennon

So, I'm sure you've figured out by now that I can not resist snapping photos of our sunrises. Those I don't sleep through, that is. I have far more sunrise and moonrise images than I could ever show at the start and end of a blog post so why not find some good quotes and just post a bunch of them here? Kind of get it over with all at once. So I'll do just that. I hope you enjoy those great orbs in our beautiful sky. All of them were taken long before the cold weather settled in.


sunrise foggy morning6
The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
~ Rumi





red moon rising3
The moon is friend for the lonesome to talk to.
~ Carl Sandburg





foggy sunrise with bird and boat
Nothing is more beautiful than the loveliness of the woods before sunrise.
~ George Washington Carver





red moon rising2
The moon rested right above the mountains, a place I call home.
~ Daniel Wallock





foggy sunrise through the screen
The Sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it's here is up to us. Journey wisely.
~ Alexandra Elle
(Taken through the window screen)




orange moon2
The moon is at her full, and riding high, Floods the calm fields with light. The airs that hover in the summer sky Are all asleep tonight.
~William C. Bryant





foggy sunrise with jay and loon
This far north the sun was up, although very low, riding through the mountains as if looking for something it lost on the ground.
~ Craig Childs





orange moon
It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.
~ Galileo Galilei





sunrise foggy morning5
The Sage's Wish: Like Sun, from the East, may you continue to rise, smile and shine.
~ Ogwo David Emenike





orange moon5
The moon in her chariot of pearl.
~ Oscar Wilde





foggy sunrise with boat4
Universe is the Sun watching its own self.
~ Dejan Stojanovic





red moon rising8
Go slowly, my lovely moon, go slowly.
~ Khaled Hosseini





sunlight crashes
Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says to the Earth,

"You owe me."

Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the whole sky.
~Hafiz of Shiraz





red moon3
The peaceful splendour of the night healed again. The moon was now past the meridian and traveling down the west. It was at its full, and very bright, riding through the empty blue sky.
~ H.G. Wells

I'll have more photos ready to rise and shine before you know it.

50 comments:

Cloudia said...

*Applause*

I have lingered here for 30 minutes!




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

ADRIAN said...

Excellent. The screen gives an auto canvas effect.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH THAT MOON :) Funny, such a super cold and snowy week and there is your swimming raft and dock! That was a few months ago indeed....

A Cuban In London said...

When I read the title of your post the first thought that came into my head was Pink Floy'ds song "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". I didn't know anything about that Lennon quote. This is by far my favourite post of yours. The images are completely out of this world. And yet it is because they belong to our beautiful world that I love your post so mucn. Thanks, I'm taking a month-long break from blogging.

Greetings from LOndon.

Jenn Jilks said...

These are amazingly beautiful, quotes and photos. Thank you so much. I felt peaceful just looking at them.
"amewsed", indeed! :-)

Out on the prairie said...

You found some very nice images. I revel being up for sunrise and often greet it. A big WOW for your wonderful captures.

DJan said...

Ahhh..... what wonderful pictures, taken over a period of time that show off your incredible talent. I also lingered here for awhile, soaking in the pictures and thoughts. :-)

June said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.............

You had me by the throat with that first quotation. These are so haunting and peacefully exciting, if you know what I mean.

TexWisGirl said...

SO many beautiful ones! i love the pink-hued tones in several. love the moon. love the misty one, perhaps best. :) thank you, dear hilary.

TexWisGirl said...

oh, and taking that one thru the screen is the most perfect texture i've seen. :) photoshop be damned!

messymimi said...

Most lovely! Even though i can't take pictures worth anything, i'd want to snap every sunrise and moonrise, too, just to save the memories.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous sunrise and sunset photos ... I've always got my eye on the sky and a camera nearby

ellen abbott said...

sun, moon, sun, moon...beautiful orbs and lovely photos.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I love each and every celestial pic. The water, the trees, the sky all lend themselves to the art that belongs to you and the sun and moon. Great photos.

Suldog said...

Love the shots of the mist over the waters in the early morning. As usual, great stuff!

stephen Hayes said...

Love the coupling of images and quotes. I now feel relaxed and ready to start my day. Your blog is better than coffee.

Rita said...

Touchingly beautiful. Both the photos and the quotes. :)

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

an array that generated a lot of, 'wow's.

Sharon Wagner said...

Splendid serene photos and moving quotes. So nice.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I started to try to pick a favourite,but gave up after the second or third picture.They are just all fantastic.

William Kendall said...

Breathtaking and beautiful!

EG CameraGirl said...

To live on the water sounds like heaven to me! Your photos are great and I LOVE the quotes.

Tabor said...

Beautiful!!! The moon shots, which I know are the hardest, are my favorites.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Further confirmation that you live in paradise and are a whiz with a camera.

These really stunning, almost soothing, photos, Hilary.

xo jj

The Furry Gnome said...

Spectacular images!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Wow, wow, wow. You should take all of these and make a calendar of them..gorgeous.

sage said...

Wonderful! I love the moonrise!

Ruby said...

Amazing views Hilary!!!

Daryl said...

i am hearing that song from Fiddler on the Roof …. and those are amazing sunrise sunset images

Scott Law said...

Very nice. Love the detail in your moon and landscapes.

Pauline said...

I can't imagine you would ever be able to go indoors when there's such beauty out of doors!

Linette said...

Beautiful weather shots!

Mage said...

Wonderful stuff. I'm late to the party but in awe.

Dan said...

A smashing success... you had me howling at the first full moon. lol

Seriously, there are all great. The image taken through the screen is cool.

Shammickite said...

So hard to choose, isn't it?

Linda said...

Lovely! I tried clicking on my favorite (#3) to try to see it larger but I get an error page.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

So much beauty in pictures and words. I can't even pick a favorite!

Indrani said...

Stunning magical views! Each surpasses the other in terms of beauty. :)

Bob Bushell said...

Absolutely stunning Hilary, you are an angel.

Tammie Lee said...

such a lovely strand of images and words to inspire. these times of the day are to be treasured.

sweet holidays to you and yours ~

Brian Miller said...

some wonderful contrasts in this hilary between the shadow and light, between the haze and the clear...like a burning hole in the sky...

Barbara said...

Oh my gosh, I must have sensed this post because this morning I had the very same thought, that I snap the same sunrise view over and over and should just do a post of all the shots. Great minds.... (but yours is obviously quicker! :) )
I love the shot through the screen - it adds a cool texture. And I'll think of that Rumi quote every morning when Belle drags me out the door when it's still dark for our walk.

Kat said...

Gorgeous! That third one is absolutely magical to me. I love it.
Well done! And beautiful quotes too!

Crabby McSlacker said...

Wow. Just wow.

Rob-bear said...

Wonderful images from a delightful part of the world!

Blessings and Bear hugs!

Gail Dixon said...

I'm so glad you got up to get these. I am NOT a morning person, though I try, so these are very special. The moon in the 2nd and 4th shots looks like a translucent salmon color. The fog shot is sensational. Heck, they all are! If I lived there I would never want to leave.

Leah J. Utas said...

Those are so beautiful.

Unknown said...

I knew you had to be an early riser to capture some of these shots, Hilary. All very nice wedded to the quotes. I always enjoy stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Your sky shots are all stunning!

Catherine said...

Lovely photos, lovely words, Hilary and thank you for your email re wolves. Very interesting and what a different world you live in to my very tame Suffolk village. The most we have to deal with on a walk is a startled deer!