Wednesday, August 21, 2013

One Touch of Nature

-
One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.
~ William Shakespeare


first harvest3
Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace.
~ Kent Nerburn




bunny
If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be messed-up.
~ Mitch Hedberg




beetle on green dress
I have my own views about Nature's methods, though I feel that it is rather like a beetle giving his opinions upon the Milky Way.
~ Sir Arthur Conan Doyle




broken branch in sunlight
The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.
~ Ernest Hemingway




wild chicory
And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~ Anais Nin




apple face
There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.
~ Harry Crews


 

mating red bugs
All nature's creatures join to express nature's purpose. Somewhere in their mounting and mating, rutting and butting is the very secret of nature itself.
~ Graham Swift

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the Week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a POTW.






***
READERS' CHOICE

Recommended by: Joeh
I Am a Tangle
by Therese
at You're Doing it Wrong


***

PHINE PHOTOGRAPHY

Avenue de l'Opéra
by Daryl
at Through My Eyes

Hay and the Dragonfly
by Daniel
at The Pixel Collective

Texas Rat Snake
by TexWisGirl
at The Run*A*Round Ranch Report

The Painted Sky
by Leah
at The Goat's Lunch Pail

A Time of Quiet Joy
by Kerri
at A Little Piece of Me



***

YOU'LL LAUGH

Focus Group Barbie
by Kerry
at Ed and Reub

Lunchbox Love
by Amy
at She Writes


A GOOD READ

The Tree
by Sandi
at Holding Patterns

August 15, 1969
by Cloudia
at Comfort Spiral

instincts, i got them
by Brian
at WaystationOne

Forty is the New Seventy
by Bone
at If You Only Read One Blog This Year


***

CREATIVE FUN

Ingenuity
by Solarity
at Living With the Sun



JUST PLAIN GOOD

How Did You Change Your World?
by Rosaria
at Notes, Tales and Observations


 
A Little Hard Work
by Kat
at Seeking Sanity



What is a Friend
? 
by Linda
at Ye Olde Crones Gazette


***

Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you


43 comments:

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Wonderful photos, as always. And I always marvel at how you find the perfect quotes to go with each picture.

Bob Bushell said...

Some of natures pleasantry. Brilliant photos and the quotes.

Andy said...

Another great round of photos. I always enjoy what you have to show us.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...thank you. i am among good friends on that list as well. good to see Amy back...

love seeing the world through your eyes too...hard to pic a fav as i love that first pic...then the bunny...then the end of that stick....

happy wednesday

Indrani said...

These are such perfect shots! Loved each one of them.
Congrats to all winners!

Leah J. Utas said...

Gorgeous. The beauty you've teased out in the broken branch is amazing.

Thanks for the POTW.

DJan said...

The Hemingway quote struck me, and the pictures as always continue to amaze me. Thank you for these, Hilary. And the POTWs will keep me going for awhile. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

i loved the hemingway quote, too. and THANK YOU for a POTW! and the adorable rat snake thanks you, too! :)

will come back to visit the others.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful images Hillary! The Chicory Bloom is breathtaking!!

And Thanks so much for the mention :)

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Thanks for the POTW nod. I love the apple....It reminds me of real life. Not perfect but still a good one in the scheme of things. Great photos as always, I love Macro. Oma Linda

Red said...

I look forward to reading your posts with quotes and photos. You can find awesome quotes to go with your awesome photos.

Kat said...

Lovely photos! The top one made me chuckle. "One of these things..." ;)

Thank you for the mention! Very sweet of you. :)

Catherine said...

Lovely post and stunning pictures. Thank you x

Sandi McBride said...

the nature shots you share always warm my heart and the quotes with them are perfect...thank you so much for the honor to be included with these wonderful posts...I thank you and Daddy Dwight thanks you
Sandi

stephen Hayes said...

Great pairing of pictures and quotes. Very enjoyable.

Karen (formerly kcinnova) said...

You always amaze me with your pairing of quotes and photographs. I think the one about scars will stay with me for quite a while.

Hoping to grab a few moments to read these new goodies you've shared with all of us!

messymimi said...

Tranquil, and i needed some tranquility today.

SandyCarlson said...

This is one beautiful post in every way. Thanks for these words and images. The photos really are captivating, and the quotes are new to me.

And thanks for highlighting other bloggers work.

Mage said...

I delight in your photos, thanks. Thanks too for the note. No, all the sorrow isn't over. My first husband is dying very soon.

Barb said...

Hello Hillary, It's great to be visiting again and to see your fabulous stills. Those veggies look perfect, but I love the quote about scars.

Rita said...

...rabbits would be messed-up....rutting and butting...still giggling! :)

Anita said...

I find myself staring at the bunny; its coat, its glassy eyes, and its white bottom. Beautiful little creature.

The Anais Nin quote spoke to me mostly from this group.

Off to read a POTW!

Cloudia said...

Gosh THANKS!
And yeah, that Texas Rat snake is really worth looking at




ALOHA, Friend
from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
><}}(°>

Cloudia said...

Your posts (like today's)
are always among the BEST!
Seriously

Daryl said...

i have been so busy ... i wondered why i suddenly had more comments when i hadnt been blog visiting/commenting .. well, thank you very much for the nod. i knew spending a week in the rain in paris was going to get me noticed ... :)

Pearl said...

As always: wonderful pics, wise words, good links.

Pearl

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous shots - love that purple flower.

holdingmoments said...

A fantastic selection Hilary

Unknown said...

Hi Hilary: It's taken me two days of blogger-catch ups and so I'm on your site to see what I've missed. I've often thought how fun it would be for we fans, if a videographer accompanied you out and about during one of your photo sessions. Always a joy! :)

Nortehanon said...

I so love the 4th photo. It's so simple yet so powerful. It's simplicity in photography at its best.

Thank you for being generous in sharing with your readers your photos.

chariskalee said...

You had me at the Shakespeare quote :) What gorgeous pics and thanks for the POTW.

Anonymous said...

j'aime bien le tissé vert

Sharon Wagner said...

Very nice nature post. All of the quotes were so fitting as well. So enjoyable.

What Karen Sees said...

Beautiful photos, every one. I especially like the first image of your garden produce displayed in an unusual and creative way.

Suldog said...

Only you could make two insects having a shag appear noble. And, for that, I am full of thanks for having made your acquaintance.

Veronica Roth said...

Love the pepper photo; very nice. Thanks for the links; I'll go visit some this morning. :)

Liz Mays said...

Those are wonderful, and I especially love that quote that goes along with the slightly fugly apple. ;)

Laura said...

in every photo I feel your love and delight for exactly what is as it is.... beautiful Hilary!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful shots, and you always find the perfect quotes! Congrats to the POTW!!

Lisa Gordon said...

These are wonderful, Hilary, and I just love that little bunny!!!

Becca said...

These pictures are great! I love the bunny the most :)

Kerry said...

I love the scarred apple and the perfect quote that goes with it.

Hey, what a fun surprise to come back from my trip and find a POTW: thank you! Now I must catch up on these others; you always find such good stuff.

Bone said...

I started getting all these new commenters and immediately thought "Oh, I must have finally made Hilary's list!!!"

Thank you so much.