Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Teaching Benny and Posts of the Week

 Little boys and little dogs just seem to be made for one another.




teaching benny
This is my young neighbour, A. Recently, he has taken quite a liking to Benny. I think they understand each other - at least to some degree. The other day, A decided to teach Benny a new trick - to sit before being given the ball to catch. Unbeknownst to A, Benny already knew to sit when told, so A had immediate success. Benny's reward was the opportunity to catch a ball which A tossed. 



teaching benny well
And catch it, he did. 

And now, without further delay, here are the Posts of the Week. The icon below is yours for the taking if if your blog post is named as a POTW.



 



A GOOD CAUSE

A Late Surprise
by Georgie
at The Author's Desk




FUNNY

Mother's Day and Spanish Coffee
by Stephen
at The Chubby Chatterbox

And while you're reading Stephen's blog, you won't want to miss:
The Dreaded Physical


Sharing
by Tabor
at Room Without Walls




A FUN POST

The Photo Shoot
by Terrie
at Kappa No He




TOUCHING

Donna
by Dianne
at Forks Off the Moment

Wind Beneath My Wings
by Nezzie
at Cow Patty Surprise



PHINE PHOTOGRAPHY
Stormy Skies
by Madge
at The View From Right Here

Obviously a Love-Hate Relationship
by Beth
at Be Yourself

Below the Waterline
by Daniel
at Daniel's Views


SO SWEET
Because Mumma is the Giver of Hugs
by Kamana
at Journaling Through Photos



JUST PLAIN GOOD


O Death, Where is Thy Victory?
by Susan
at Wild Life in the Woods

Happy Other's Day
by JarieLyn
at Write Place! Write Chick


Please drop by their blogs for a visit and leave a kind comment if you have the time. Also, please feel free to add your own choices (for any blog except this one) for a specific blog post in the comments section below, where others can see them.

Thank you.

35 comments:

Cloudia said...

Benny & friend make me smile!

Off to look in on these gems you've pointed out


Friendly Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } (°>

Unspoken said...

Off to read. Gotta love a dog and ball mid air and a boy watching :).

Sarah Anne said...

Wow! Thank you, Hilary! You are so kind.

Pierre BOYER said...

Great first picture !
Greetings from Paris,

Pierre

Maggie May said...

Benny seems really happy with his new friend.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Sueann said...

Benny is a patient friend! Ha!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Gary's third pottery blog said...

A Canadian kid in crocs was the first thing thing that came to mind ;) Oh gosh, Benny catching the ball, you catching the shot!

Mental P Mama said...

I can never get enough of Benny! Congrats to all POTWers! Going to go check them out!

Dianne said...

A looks like a sweet young man
and Benny sitting and listening just melts my heart

thanks for the POTW, it is appreciated

Daryl said...

I never noticed that big spot on Benny's rear quarter before .. he's lucky he wasnt named Spot

Great snaps, Hil!

Nadezda said...

Benny and a boy they both are very clever and understand each other!

DJan said...

Benny's energy is so obvious in all his pictures. I love them both! Off to visit some new blogs...

Reena said...

Always love seeing Benny! And another great POTW selections!

Reena said...

Always love seeing Benny! And another great POTW selections!

TexWisGirl said...

wonderful picks, yet again. from spanish coffee to old dogs. enjoyed them all. :)

Unknown said...

Deakie Boy sends his love and many tail wags to Benny.

Thanks, again, Hilary

sage said...

Wow, that second photo is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

thank you for featuring me here :)

L. D. said...

I like the expression of A. as he looks into Benny's eyes. I think it is neat how he really wants to relate to him and retrain him too.

Brian Miller said...

nice catch benny....kids and animals def go well together...amazing how it soothes the kids i work with...

Shrinky said...

These shots are priceless, Hilary. Oh, my mother's heart would've soared to have had someone such as you living next door to me, when my children were younger! I do so hope you've passed copies of these beautiful portraits of Benny with her son, along to his parents?

I'm delighted to see a few familiar names up here I recognize - I'm looking forward to dipping in to explore some more old and new faces from here - thanks for the heads up!

Glo said...

What a sweet expression that lad has on his face! I bet Benny had a ball ;)

Looking forward to checking out your POTW :)

Zuzana said...

Great for Benny to get a new friend.;))Incredible last image.;))
xoxo

Tabor said...

Your POW list is growing and growing and I have to keep setting aside more and more time when I click on this link. Thanks again, dearie!

Barb said...

That boy has a kind face and Benny is a trickster.

~JarieLyn~ said...

I've always loved your stories about Benny. What a spectacular shot of him with the ball in the air. The boy looks very sweet too.

I am sooooooo surprised that you mentioned me in your POTW. It's a good surprise and I thank you very much. :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely connection between boy and dog.

Thanks for all these tips.

Rita said...

Nothing like a boy and a dog. :)

Tabor said...

Thanks again for the kudos. Your POW list keeps getting longer and longer!

Gail Dixon said...

Benny reminds me of My Dog Skip, the movie. Makes me cry every time I watch it.

Love the shot of Benny catching the ball. Perfect!

Jayne said...

That young lad is going to want to keep these photos in his scrapbook for a long, long time. Wonderful, Hilary! :)

Betty Manousos said...

what a beautiful, fun post!

it just put a smile on my face.
priceless photos, hilary!
the boy and the dog~ how awesome!

now i'm off to check out those great links.
thanks for sharing.

xx

Barbara said...

Benny is just too much fun! Great captures! And congrats to the POTW - I'm off to read!

Gillian Olson said...

Benny is really cute, ans his new friend appears to learn really fast.

Jo said...

Love the way A is looking at Benny in the first shot.